On the high bank of the Kama stands an ancient mansion. In its almost 130-year history of the house changed hands several times, but in the city’s memory he retained the name of its first owner – Nikolay Meshkov.
Its history Perm Regional Museum leads with 1890. For 120 – year history it has replaced several buildings. Since 2007, the main building of the museum was Meshkov’s house. This nineteenth century mansion was purchased N. V. Meshkov (1851 – 1933), a major Permian entrepreneur known patron and philanthropist, in 1886. After adjustment by architect A. B. Turchevicha house on the waterfront Kama has become one of the most beautiful buildings of the old city of Perm.
Now in Meshkov House is open an exhibition on the history of the Perm region from ancient times to the late twentieth century.
BRANCHES OF THE MUSEUM: House Meshkov, Perm Museum of Antiquities Museum – Diorama Memorial House – Museum N. G. Slavyanov Memorial House – Museum “Underground Press” Architectural – ethnographic museum “Hohlovka” Memorial House – Museum of Vasily Kamensky , Museum complex “House Pasternak,” Osinski museum.